Data Visualisation Resources
Data visualisation tools
- Infogram: Infogr.am is user-friendly interface to help develop creative, interactive infographics.
- Piktochart: Piktochart is a simple WYSIWYG editor to help develop and design charts and infographics.
- Easel.ly: A digital canvas to help develop unique data visualisations.
- Google Fusion Tables: Bust your data out of its silo! Combine it with other data on the web. Collaborate, visualize and share.
- Visual.ly: Create, share and explore great visual content.
- Tableau Software: A free data visualisation tool that can help you create an interactive viz and embed it in your website or share it. Anyone can do it, it’s that easy—and it’s free.
- VIDI: A suite of powerful intuitive Drupal data-visualisation modules for anyone to use on any standard set of data ranging from government databases to demographics and statistics.
- IBM Many Eyes: Collection of data visualisations, and a tool for infographics.
- Gapminder: Is a non-profit venture to help make public data from several multi-national organisations accessible.
Data visualisation blogs and resources
- Drawing by Numbers: Drawing by Numbers is a resource on data visualization for activists. It features a guide on working with data and information for advocacy, and reviews of visualisation tools.
- Examples of innovative think tank communications: A Pinterest Board from WonkComms that includes data visualisations.
- Information is Beautiful: A blog dedicated to distilling the world’s data, information and knowledge into beautiful, interesting and, above all, useful visualisations, infographics and diagrams.
- Guardian Datablog: Facts are sacred, and so is this blog. It is a fine purveyor of open data sets and is full of great ideas about how to make that information accessible.
- Visualising Data: This webisite provides readers with inspiring insights into the contemporary techniques, resources, applications and best practices in data visualisation.
- Views of the World: A blog that explores the representation of cartographic data.
- Visualizing Information for Advocacy – An Introduction to Information Design: This manual from the Open Society Foundations helps NGOs and advocates strengthen their campaigns and projects through communicating vital information with greater impact... MORE