In their report for Reuters from Boston, minutes after the press conference, Aaron Pressman and Svea Herbst-Bayliss gave other details of the most difficult 48 hours lived by U.S. authorities and society since 9/11.
«Today we are enlisting the public’s help to identify the two suspects,» Richard DesLauriers, the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation’s special agent in charge in Boston, told a news conference.
Both men carried backpacks that were believed to contain the bombs. The man identified as suspect No. 1 wore a dark baseball cap. Suspect No. 2 wore a white cap backwards and was seen setting down his backpack on the ground, DesLauriers said.
«Somebody out there knows these individuals as friends, neighbours, co-workers or family members of the suspects. Though it may be difficult, the nation is counting on those with information to come forward and provide it to us,» he said while cautioning that they were considered armed and dangerous.
Investigators hoped the men would be identifiable within hours of the release of the pictures and video, a national security official said, speaking on condition of anonymity…
President Obama’s remarks at «Healing Our City: An interfaith service» in Boston, dedicated to those who were gravely wounded or killed in Monday’s bombing near the finish line of the Boston Marathon. April 18, 2013.
BOSTON BLASTS IN THE BBC
- Pressure cooker clues to Boston bomb
- As it happened: Bombs hit marathon
- World reaction
- US media reaction
- Obama statement
- Kenyan runner tells of Boston escape
- London Marathon to review security
BOSTON BLASTS IN THE F. TIMES
- FBI releases images of Boston suspects
- Video Boston bombing – Obama pays tribute
- Tech blog Boston shows risks of crowdsourcing
- Video Boston bomb attack
- Suspect detained in ricin scare
- Boston police mount massive manhunt
- Slideshow Boston bombing suspects
- Hunt for Boston bomber in iPhone era
- US Senate buildings alert over envelopes
Qui sont les deux suspects de l’attentat de Boston ? Par Quentin Gerard (Liberation, 19 avril 2013 à 16:59)